If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (419) 353-2300

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Heater Safety

9/7/2017 (Permalink)

Tis the season, stay safe this winter by plugging space heaters into outlets, never into extension cords or power strips.When using a heater that requires a secondary fuel source such as kerosene take extra care when filling the heater and always store your extra fuel in an approved container in a different location.

SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County was called out at 2:30am to a home that fire fighters just got done battling a blaze that started from a kerosene space heater. It was estimated that the fire started around 11:30pm. The only occupant was able to safely leave her residence without issue. Once the fire was extinguished, SERVPRO arrived to secure the property and begin the cleanup process. Fire investigators determined the cause of the blaze was started when a stack of newspapers fell against the space heater. A situation such as this is completely avoidable by following the manufacturer's operating instructions regarding safe distances to near objects.

Other News

View Recent Posts